the COACHES & MANAGERS portal
COACHES- ASST.COACHES.- TEAM MANAGERS
The AYSO volunteer position of coach is intended to develop in players a positive image of themselves, their teammates, coaches, game officials, and opponents as well as provide a good role model for players. Additionally, the coach will develop in his/her players the appropriate soccer skills as recommended in the AYSO coaching manual.
Full Coaches Job Description
Being an AYSO coach is not just about soccer. The AYSO creed is child development through soccer, not soccer development through children. Players must understand good sportsmanship, teamwork and commitment to a common goal. As a coach, it is your responsibility to instill all of these qualities in your players as well as teach them to play a good game of soccer.
Coaches Code of Conduct
ONLINE COACH TRAINING
(for Concussion, Safe Heaven, and More)
All Star Coach Application
EXTRA Coach Application
Spring Coach Application
Coaching Certificates required by age group
Field Size Guidelines
Drills & Practice Games
Belmont Cup Rules
Player Rating Form
U10 Game Modifications 2016
(Line-Up Cards, Incident Report, Concussion Report...)
Being a Team Manager is an important position for your whole team with a few required responsibilities. A Team Manager (volunteer) is the administrator of the team and handles the following administrative tasks:
1. Register as a volunteer
2. Attend the Team Manager Meeting and Pick Up the Uniforms. August 11, 2022
St Gregorys Church 6201 E Willow St, Long Beach, CA 90815
3. Create a Roster and a Game Schedule/Snack Schedule*
Ask your coach for a copy of the roster. Snacks are optional, typically for younger divisions. You may opt to make your own shutterfly site for team use.
4. Arrange to have a banner, whether you make it yourself or arrange for it’s creation. Bring the banner to Picture Day, and to each game...or arrange for someone else to do it.
How to make your own banner click here*
Suggested Banner Companies:
5. Complete the Yearbook/Trophy/Sponsor Google Form :
6. Obtain a Team Sponsorship ($200.00)
provide your Sponsor with the Thank You Letter
7. Get your team to Picture Day before their scheduled time. Check-In and turn in Sponsor Check. Don’t forget to bring the banner!
Picture Day is Saturday September 17th
at EL Dorado Park (behind the baseball fields) BY the Bin
8. Pick Up the Participation Pins and Yearbooks.
(Date, time, and pick-up location will be announced on our website and Facebook page)
9. Arrange for Team Party at the end of the Season.
You may want to collect funds for gifts for the coaches to present to them at the Team Party.